Tuesday, June 3, 2008

On the Board of the AWA

I'm really excited that I am now on the Board of the AWA- the Houston Association of Women Attorneys. When I joined the group and started attending meetings now and then, I didn't expect to land a leadership role. My whole reason for joining and attending the meetings was to "get involved" and do some networking, not to be a board member.

But everything happens for a reason and I truly believe that nothing is by chance. The AWA is a great organization and they really need my marketing and PR expertise and I am truly glad to offer it. It's only in giving that we can receive. I know that for sure.

Just as much as the AWA might need me, I discovered last night at my first board meeting that I need them too. They are smart, fun and powerful women. They can help me tremendously as an attorney and as a partner in Media Masters. More importantly, I'm looking forward to growing with them as a professional woman.

Anyone out there interested in getting involved in this great organization should come to our Meet and Greet this month on June 25th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m at t'afia restaurant (3701 Travis). There is no cost to attend. Plus, you might get something really cool out of it that you weren't expecting, like I did. I hope to see you there!
Rose

No comments: