Here are some more tidbits to share with your neighbors about our hometown over the BBQ this weekend.
- In 2005 Mens Fitness names Houston the fattest city in America.
- Later that year with a 54% ozone average, the American Lung Association ranks us as the 5th most polluted city in America.
- In 2006 Bicycling writes that Houston, Atlanta and Boston are the worst cities for bicyclists.
- Houston has the nation's 2nd best export market according to the Department of Commerce. Houston also tops Kiplinger's "Best Cities to Live, Work and Play" list.
- American Planning Association names Montrose as one of the United State's greatest neighborhoods.
- Fortune calculates Houston has the 3rd most Fortune 500 companies. Meanwhile Charity Navigator says we are the 3rd most charitable city.