Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Put Your Best Face on Facebook

Great post today from Legal Marketing Blog.com about those all-important lawyer/firm Facebook pages:

Although I’ve been on Facebook for awhile, I can't say that I have been a big fan. In fact, when it comes to social media, I’ve been in favor of LinkedIn over Facebook for businesses, especially law firms. That may be changing. If you are not already on Facebook, I suggest you go ahead and sign up.

What got me thinking about this was a post by Tom O'Leary on The Attorney Marketing Blog entitled "Google VS Facebook-Should Law Firms Care?" It appears that O'Leary hasn't been a fan of Facebook either, but is having a change of heart, at least preliminarily.

According to O'Leary, "Facebook is growing up... And now has more visitors worldwide than Google." He goes on to point out that it has Bing's search capability on its site, and apparently they're working on a "Places/Local/Maps product". O'Leary wonders what will happen when they roll out an open e-mail capability.

He (and I, since I know when to jump on a bandwagon, don’t cha know) suggests keeping an eye on Facebook developments. And if you do not have a profile already on the media site, "now's the time to build one."

Just what I was going to say, and make sure to put your best face forward.

No comments: